Open and closed loop grinding configurations are available with closed loop systems incorporating cyclone and screening classification systems.
Fine size reduction which includes milling, grinding, and pulverizing is available. Equipment includes hammer, autogenous, rod, ball and attrition mills. Instrumentation is used in the grinding circuit to measure energy input, slurry flow rate, particle size and to control feed rate, water additions, pH, sump levels and slurry density.
IMP's pilot plant has the capabilities and facilties to carry out complete mineral processing studies with assays provided by the IMP analytical lab.
- (1) Autogenous mill, Hardinge, 6 ft dia x 2 ft long, 24 HP w/load cells
- (1) Hammer Mill
- (1) Rod mill, Denver, 3 ft x 5 ft (inside liners), 30 HP
- (1) Rod-ball mill, Hardinge, 3 ft x 5 ft (outside liners), 20 HP
- (1) Rod mill, Hardinge, 2 ft x 3 ft, 5 HP
- (1) Ball mill, Hardinge tricone, 3 ft x 2 ft x 2 ft, 10 HP
- (1) Attrition mill, Drais Type PM40STS-H, 40 liter cap.
- (5) Energy meter combinations (KWH - elapsed time meters), 3 phase
- (1) Recording KW meter, L and N, Speedomax H recorder
- (1) Bearing temperature recorder, Rustrak
- (4) Set Point Water Controllers
- (3) Magnetic Flowmeters
- (4) Density Gauges
- (1) Microtrac on stream size analyzer