Analytical Laboratory Services
Organic - Chemical Analysis
The Institute of Materials Processing has a Raman spectrometer, Jobin-Yvon U1000 with optical microscope.
The Ramanor U1000 double additive monochromator, has been designed for maximum versatility and adaptability to advancing detector technology. It uses Jobin-Yvon's standard and blazed holographic plane gratings to ensure optimal throughput in any spectral region.
- Macro and micro Raman applications, which require the highest resolution and rejection of stray light, in the UV-visible range, with either single channel or CCD multichannel detection.
- Raman applications in the near infrared range (1-1.7 microns) with IR photocells.
- Coherent anti-Stokes Raman spectroscopy (CARS) with PMT or CCD detection.
- Photoluminescence with PMT (visible range) and infrared photocells (NIR range).
U1000 Optical Design
- Double additive monochromator
- Asymmetrical Czerny-Turner configuration
- Interchangeable gratings for UV, visible, and IR
- Choice of sine or cosecant drive
- Horizontal axis of grating rotation
- 3 stages/4 horizontal slits for very low stray light level